Modern business is besieged with many challenges, especially small businesses. However, one of the bright spots is the availability and low cost of technology. In the past only the large corporations could afford the automation that provides real economy of scale – it is cheaper to be big. That is not the case any longer, with cloud based computing any small business with a minimal smart investment can have the same presence and offer the same service as the big.
What You Need to Know
This Executive Summary will cover the 2 Elements of Process Automation PLUS the Future:
1. Eliminate Steps and Activities with Technology. This assumes you have mapped your processes, eliminate non-value added activities, and have it under control with SOP’s. If this is not true, using technology will only codify your current inefficiencies. By selecting a platform, whether it is industry specific like NetSuite or generic, you can move everything to “code”. By doing this, you can expect 2 dividends – elimination of steps / activities and the use of technology to perform tasks.
2. Platform Integration. This is critical when selecting your software / platforms – look for integration. For example, does your accounting software talk to your CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software. If it does and you keep the information current, you will be able to track costs and automate invoicing. This will allow you to be more accurate and timely with billing and reduce the amount of time required.
3. Autonomation. This is where technology is headed. Autonomation (not automation) is how technology extends human performance – not replaces it. If the majority of routine tasks - the major cause of errors are eliminated, the operator can focus on activities (which people are better suited for) that contribute to results.
What You Need To Do
1. Eliminate Steps and Activities with Technology. Based on your platform decisions, all (if it doesn’t – don’t subscribe or buy) allow you to create a set of work rules that routes tasks to the right person at the right time.
2. Platform Integration.
Critical Small Business Platforms:
3. Autonomation. Think about what is possible – how can you use present technology to create new abilities:
new choice for BUSINESS SEARCH
All IBGR Shows Notes are available for download