Sarita Johan presenting Build your Core
IBGR.Network - PROFIT Radio. Everything a business owner needs to start, grow or exit a business. GROW WITH US.
you feel that is what’s done. Prepare and set clear expectations with time limits and stick to it.
What are some of the key issues organisations face
What you need to know
1. the preparation before a meeting,
2. ensure objectives have been set.
3. Create an agenda
4. Stick to the process
5. How to handle conflict and items not relevant to the meeting
What you need to do
1. Set agenda
2. Be clear on objectives
2. Start and finish on time
3. Watch the people in the room, look for signs of engagement or disengagement, eg. Body language
4. Assign different people to different roles in the meeting, time keeper, note taker, summarizer, this will increase the level of responsibility and it becomes a team effort rather than a telling show
5. Summarize at each point what is required and the outcome and who will be responsible
6. Be clear on the action points, taking notes I personally find least effective but this will highly depend on your current way of doing things and what type of workforce you have if you are in a legal services field this might be a non-negotiable.
7. Jazz it up, make your meetings not only valuable but have different ways of delivery, walking, drawing even singing make it memorable
8. At the end of each meeting go around the room and ask what they took away from the meeting
9. Help your team members being heard
10. Then recap next steps and expectations, ensure everybody is as clear as possible
11. Once meeting is completed send (if this was agreed) people the action points, you can do this in written format or if you are in a virtual meeting you could summarize it at the end and record the action points so people can watch it back, again this is very dependant on the attendees you have in the room
In summary be prepared, watch your people in the room, provide clear next steps and acknowledge conflict should it arise.
About the show host
“Sarita Johan brings more than 30 years of Business experience. After spending her career climbing the corporate ladder, running her own businesses and juggling family and relationships – she doesn’t just talk the talk she’s walked the walk.SJ Coaching was born out of the desire to be more. A snapped femur, financial hardship, and a broken marriage led Sarita to completely redesign her life.
Sarita walked away from her high-profile career, invested in self-development and became a NLP Master Practitioner and ADVanced Innermetrix consultant which has allowed her to deeply understand how people think and make decisions. Because of that Sarita is able to deliver a holistic solution for those in business, teaching people to become more conscious of that we are not our business and the need to consider all areas of life. Her unique blend of business and mindset coaching empowers her clients to identify their business blind spots and success blocks so they can prosper in both business and life”.
If you’d like to understand more about how you can improve your culture in your Dynamic Partnerships you can schedule in a time for a 20 minute power chat. Book your time here.
Sarita specialises in coaching for People in Business with:
If you have any questions or would like more info on how to Play your A-Game from the Inside Out? then see below links where you can find me.
Website Email Linkedin Instagram
Written by Sarita Johan
new choice for BUSINESS SEARCH
All IBGR Shows Notes are available for download