IBGR - RESULTS Radio Network. Everything a business owner needs to start, grow or exit a business. Come grow with us.
There are really 2 parts to effective working in teams, however we won’t have enough time to go through all of it, but I will cover as much as I can today. This is one of those sessions where we can schedule a training for your team.
PART I: THE POWER OF TEAMWORK
1. Why Is Teamwork So Important?
2. What Is the Impact of Good Teamwork?
PART II: THE DYNAMICS OF TEAMWORK
3. What Are the Characteristics of a Good Team?
4. How Do I Create Positive Energy on the Team?
5. How Can I Harness the Team’s Creativity?
The Value of Teamwork:
Throughout human history, whatever the endeavor, great individuals still had teams of people supporting them along the way.
In today’s business world:
What You Need to Do
Why Do We Stand Alone? 4 Reasons:
How do people start to become a more unified team?
1. Look at the big picture.
2. Size up the situation.
3. Line up the needed resources.
4. Call up the right players.
5. Give up personal agendas.
6. Step up to a higher level.
What Is the Impact of Good Teamwork?
What Are the Characteristics of a Good Team?
How Can I Harness the Team’s Creativity?
1. Perspective – discovering blind spots.
2. Understanding – finding out what they know. Ask what do you know and what do you think.
3. Teaching/equipping – sharing what they did and didn’t see.
4. Act of empowerment – valuing them.
What I Can Share About Shared Thinking
1. Every person can teach me something – be open.
2. Some people can teach me sometimes – be intentional.
3. Few people can teach me most of the time – be persistent.
The acid test of good people around you is that they make you better!
Previous: Episode D6.009 Participate in Additional Training
Next: Episode D6.011 Willing to Lead
Written by Cedrick LaFleur
“Talk Leadership with Cedrick”
new choice for BUSINESS SEARCH
All IBGR Shows Notes are available for download