Teena Ogbugoh - "Business Processes & People Talk with Teena"
IBGR.Network - PROFIT Radio.
Everything a business owner needs to start, grow or exit a business. COME GROW WITH US.
American born television and radio host, Larry King, says “Getting your house in order and reducing the confusion gives you more control over your life. Personal organization somehow releases or frees you to operate more effectively.” Relating that to our discussion today and in your business; Getting information necessary to perform readily available in your company will reduce confusion which gives your employees the zeal to function. It releases everyone to operate more effectively.
Information to perform tasks are culled from policy documents, SOPs, job description and position description. These have all been discussed in detail in our previous episodes. Information has to be written, documented and made easily accessible for employees. This is important to enhance productivity and reduce confusion among employees.
The discussion will highlight the importance of information and how it impacts work in your organization.
Business Processes & People Talk Show with Teena thrives on the concept that people matter and without people in your business, you will not have a business! It teaches business owners and leaders to empower people with the right resources and information to help them thrive and excel, because when people in your business excel, your business will succeed.
Our tribe is growing as we are now heard in over 142 countries of the world. We invite you to be part of us by joining our community of commerce at www.ibgr.network
Welcome to the world of entrepreneurship!
The objective of today’s show is to highlight the importance of information in the business. We will discuss how awareness and communication of information can make a huge difference in employee and organizational performance. While businesses may differ in market share, size of company and number of employees, what all businesses need to have in place is documented information available on how to perform each task and function.
1. Employees have access to and use intranet.
2. All of the company's business, documents, policies, general information etc., are available for review.
3. All individual process maps, standard operating procedures, and positions are available
4. Metrics for employee positions available
5. Absence of formal trainings
6. Lack of communication
What You Need to Do
1. Define each role with duties and responsibilities.
2. Write job descriptions and position descriptions with appropriate and necessary information.
3. Employees must know the location of documents, etc. on a need-to-know basis.
4. Information must be made available in a secure location.
5. Have formal training for employees at all levels.
6. Create an environment for regular two-way communication and feedback.
7. Evaluate job roles with job descriptions to assess relevance.
8. Conduct review of information on job roles in line with standard operating procedures.
Previous Show: P3.04.3 Standard Operating Procedures are Available for all Processes
Next Show: P3.06.3 Share Expectations of Work Standards
Written by: Teena Ogbugoh
EVOLVE RADIO: http://bit.ly/EvolveBeYou
new choice for BUSINESS SEARCH