Cedrick LaFleur - "Talk Leadership with Cedrick on the Radio"
IBGR.Network - PROFIT Radio. Everything a business owner needs to start, grow or exit a business. Come grow with us.
Episode D6.007a BONUS INTENTIONAL LIVING: Choose a Life That Matters
Everyone has a life story. Some stories are inspirational and significant. Others aren’t. Significant stories matter. How would you characterize your life story? What does it mean? Like everyone else, you want to make a difference. And, you want to lead a rich, fulfilling life. The good news is that no matter who you are, where you live, what you do or what your circumstances may be, you can build a great life story of genuine significance. And in the process, you can make the world a better place.
To accomplish these goals, live a life of true “intentionality.” Be intentional at all times, in every way and in all that you do. This means focusing on making life better for others. That is the essence of intentionality, of living proactivity.
Today is not just about your business, it’s about your personal life. You see, your personal life impacts your business and your business impacts your personal life. They go hand in hand.
Everyone has a desire to make a difference in the world.
Everyone has a “change the world” speech inside of them.
It was true for me, and it is true for you.
Question: How do I turn my good intentions into good actions?
Answer: Intentional living is the bridge from intention to action.
What You Need to Do
Four Lessons from My Intentional Living Story:
1. Ask Questions to Help You Intentionally Think About Your Purpose.
These three questions form the foundation of your purpose and lead you to find your why.
1. What do you sing about? What causes you to rejoice?
2. What do you cry about? What burdens drive you to become passionate?
3. What do you dream about? What would you do if you had no fear of failure?
2. Intentionally Think About Adding Value to Others.
I learned this lesson from my grandparents growing up:
3. Intentionally Think About Your Growth.
Do you have a plan for personal growth? The bigger question is are you taking action on your personal growth plan? You see, it’s not enough to just have a plan, are you doing something with the plan. There are a lot of people with plans, but not taking action on those plans.
4. Intentionally Think About Your Life.
The Greatest Story Ever Told taught me to be intentional about my life. I learned that I could be the author of my own story and tell my best story by writing it myself.
My story began with wanting to make a difference.
To Put Your Desire to Make a Difference in Action:
1. Ask yourself: “What do I do well?”
2. Ask others: “What do you need?”
The Rule of 5 For Significance
Every Day, I:
1. Value People
This is the cornerstone of Intentional Living
Valuing others enables you to connect with them.
2. Think About Adding Value to People
ASK: What can I do to add value to people?
Keeping the thought of others at the front end of your thinking
3. Look for Ways to Add Value to People
When you are looking for ways to add value, you see opportunities that others don’t.
Example: giving someone the seat with the view out the window.
4. Do Things That Add Value to People
Look at your calendar morning and night.
Ask two questions:
1. Who can I add value to today?
2. Who did I add value to today?
5. Encourage Others To Add Value To People
Expand your influence by encouraging people to encourage others.
Bonus Action Steps Session:
I know there is a divide between where I am and where I want to be.
How do I cross that divide and begin living intentionally?
To get from where you are to where you want to be:
1. Create 2 columns.
Column 1 is where you are now, and Column 2 is where you want to be.
Write down phrases under each column that describe where you are in the process.
2. Draw lines connecting where you are to where you want to be—the lines are the
3. Don’t complicate things—take three small steps each day across the bridge; you don’t cross it all at once.
4. Do this every single day, and it will move you across the bridge from intentions to actions.
Previous:Episode D6.007 Having Crucial Conversations
Next: Episode D6.008 Empowering Others to Develop Others
Written by: Cedrick LaFleur, LaFleur Leadership Institute
Talk Leadership with Cedrick on Radio airs Thursday, 4pmCST https://www.ibgr.network/
Talk Leadership with Cedrick on live on FB & YouTube Monday 630pmCST
Talk Leadership with Cedrick on live on FB & YouTube Tuesday 530pmCST
IG: lafleurleadership Twitter: @lafleurleaders
Leave a Reply.
new choice for BUSINESS SEARCH